Sunday 28 February 2016

Week #8 - Cover to Cover

I love a good book and the somewhat quieter pace of the winter months, means that I get to indulge a bit more than usual.... 


My bedside table typically holds a collection of books, many of which I'm half way through or currently browsing. 

Often they are an assortment of reference books relating to any number of current questions we are pondering around the farm.... which essential oil is best to ease a headache, when do goats come back into heat in the spring, what factors increase the success rate of hatching eggs.... and on and on.

I tend to keep my fiction books on my iPhone as then I can make use of every minute I find myself waiting for something throughout the day to read a chapter or two... while I miss the smell and feel of a real book, I can't ignore the sheer convenience that reading on my phone brings to my lifestyle. 

Recently I finished the Tearling series by Erika Johansen along with The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.... Currently I'm reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. 

When I'm on the move, I'm starting to enjoy listening to books and am a third of the way through Tim Ferris' The 4-Hour Workweek. I admit I'm skeptical but intrigued! 

Soon spring will come and gone will be the stolen hours of reading until winter comes again. How about you... What are you reading? 



No comments:

Post a Comment