Sunday 21 February 2016

Week #7 - Plant therapy

I hit it! I hit the wall! 

Even though this winter has not brought particularly bad weather... each February usually just after Valentines Day, I hit the "I'm totally done with winter wall!

On Monday our seed order came in and the urge to dig in the soil and plant something was palpable! The yearning for the smell of freshly turned earth and sunshine on my face was overwhelming. 

So yesterday, I turned to a little bit of plant therapy.... Got some pots out and some soil and started playing! Planted some herbs, lettuce, some spinach and some edible flowers. Put some calendula in as I'm hoping to use the petals to dye our soaps and violas to add to our salads. 

Can't wait to see the green shoots pop out of the rich dark soil, reaching for the sun. It's not the same as digging in the garden but it will have to suffice for now.... spring is just around the corner!


What do you do to get through the winter months? 





No comments:

Post a Comment