Sunday 10 July 2016

Week #27 - Prairie Skies

We have had a lot of active weather this summer. Storms have rolled through across the prairies bringing heavy rain, winds and hail (thankfully we have been spared the latter). 

As a farmer, you always have one eye to they sky, watching for... often wishing for the various conditions that you need for your current crop. 

This stormy weather can bring grief but it also brings beauty of a extraordinary kind! 





As a prairie girl, I think our skies are beautiful no matter what the weather, but throw in some building storms and you have some awesome scenes. 


I can hear your whisper & distant mutter. I can smell your damp on breeze and in the sky. I see the halo of your violence. Storm, I know you are coming. ~ Robert Fanney

No comments:

Post a Comment